05 Mar Dev-Ops Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Company: Inchora Direct
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help build self -managed, efficient and highly available infrastructure for Inchora. You will be working with complex distributed systems and help extend current infrastructure for continuous deployment over multiple environments. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working in fast-paced environment, have an ability to multi-task and change direction quickly.
Reporting to Head of Technology, the Dev-Ops Engineer will lead and influence the key developments within Inchora’s network infrastructure design, maintenance and capabilities across SaaS and physical infrastructure.
Responsible for Group product infrastructure supporting multiple product development teams within divisions. Deploying, automating, maintaining, trouble shooting and improving the systems that keep Inchora’s digital solutions and backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The role will encompass the user of a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux), application environments (Mongo DB, SQL Server, Postgress and Haskell) and development stacks including (MEAN and LAMP), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Based in the Midlands but with regular trips to other Inchora office locations or customer sites where appropriate to this role.
The Key Responsibilities are:
- Integrate fully with multiple product development teams, this includes the Product Owners and developers, including offshore teams in within India
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, Linux and Windows architecture, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- AWS: 1-2 years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime Amazon AWS
- Environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Mongo, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration
- Development Tools: Experience with MEAN and LAMP stack
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios)
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN/GIT
- Programming Skills: MEAN and/or LAMP Programming experience
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
What would you get in return?
Inchora is an exciting and innovative business with over 200 staff and we like to ensure the team are rewarded for their hard work:
- Competitive salary of £45,000 p.a.
- 37.5 hours per week (9.00am – 5.30pm)
- 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day per completed year to a maximum of 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- You will have access to a great new healthcare product called Cignpost Health – a Nurse Led Membership Service with GP support.