19 Aug Nurse Case Manager
Cignpost Health is a membership service that provides a comprehensive healthcare resource with individualised support via qualified Nurse Case Managers. The service is independent, designed to work with both the NHS and Private healthcare sectors ensuring our members are supported in the best possible way throughout their personal healthcare or diagnostic journey.
The role of the Nurse Case Manger is to be the primary contact for Cignpost Health Members, this contact is both telephone and digitally based. You will work professionally and effectively to manage each member enquiry, working closely with the Senior Nurse Case Manager, other Nurse Case Managers and the administrative team to deliver a service which is impartial, responsive, caring and informed. Ideally this would suit a Band 5 or 6 RGN with varied experience across a number of specialities; looking to use their professional nursing skills and experience as advocates for Cignpost Health Members in a non-clinical environment.
- Manage a member’s case from start to finish professionally, and in line with correct policy and procedures. This will include: taking the initial enquiry and establishing what action is to be taken
- Liaising with other Nurse Case Managers and the research team, to ‘Cignpost’ the member to appropriate resources when required
- Liaising with relevant health and wellbeing professionals and medical service providers to support a coordinated service, guided by the individual member query. Medical service providers may include (but not limited to): diagnostic testing facilities, medical consultants, pathology laboratories, research institutes and charities
- Be responsive and empathetic to the needs of the individual
- Communicate professionally, employing excellent listening skills
- As an experienced ‘Registered General Nurse’ you will have a good understanding of NHS protocols and policy
- You will provide support to other Nurse Case Managers and where necessary help deal with more complicated patient enquiries
- You will need to have a flexible proactive approach to work, be a team player and be totally committed to delivering world-class membership service
- Good research skills to ensure all information is current, from a reliable evidence base and up to date.
Essential / desirable attributes & experience:
- Be an experienced Registered Nurse
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent IT Skills to include familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent English language skills and ability to proof read medical related articles
- Diligent and conscientious to produce accurate and unbiased work from a reliable evidence base
- Genuine passion and interest in researching medical information
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise
- Have a can do, will do attitude.
We have a Part Time vacancy based in our Grantham Office:
- 18.75 hours (2.5 days per week – days to be confirmed)
You will be required to work on a Saturday (between 10.00am – 14.00pm) on a rota basis, details will be confirmed at interview stage.
What will we offer you?
- Salary £30,000 p.a (Pro-rated for part time hours)
- Contributory Group Pension Scheme
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service (Pro-rated for part time hours)
- You will have access to a great new healthcare product called Cignpost Health – a Nurse Led Membership Service with GP support.