23 Jan Senior IT Technician
£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Company: Inchora Direct
Location: Grantham, Nottingham
We are looking for a Senior IT Technician to become part of our Operations Team who provide technical and operational support to the whole of the Inchora Group of Companies.
The role will be based between our Grantham and Nottingham offices, but will cover all our offices therefore travel to our other offices would be required.
The Key Responsibilities are:
- Setup PCs and laptops, configuring the OS, joining to the domain, installing software, ensuring devices are encrypted
- Setup phone handsets, soft phones & mobiles
- Technical support for computers & peripherals, including printers, wireless APs & switches
- Administration of Active Directory, Office 365, corporate AV
- Troubleshoot network issues layers 1-3, understanding of Domain Controller, servers and LAN topology
- Replacement of hardware parts and understand compatibility
- Basic understanding of Apple Mac computers
- Respond to technical support requests via the ticketing system, escalating to third party support when required, ensuring SLAs are met
- Assist with office moves, including cabling, moving kit & furniture
- Ensure the Asset Inventory is kept up to date
- Adherence to IT policy and security management processes, including monitoring and documentation
- Continual learning & development of IT support skills
- Support your team, management and user base with ad hoc duties
- On call support on Saturdays may be required, on a rota basis.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous Experience as an IT Support Technician
- Educated to a College Level
- Microsoft knowledge: Windows & Office suite
- Office 365 Applications (Office Administration, Teams Experience)
- Microsoft Domain Administration and Knowledge
- Understanding of servers, networks, cabling and patching
- PC Hardware Knowledge and Experience
- Mobile Device support: iOS / Android
- First-line Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Customer services and interpersonal skills, face-to-face & remote
- Support for MAC Technology
- Interest in developing a career in IT security management or cloud services infrastructure
- Contributing to the development of junior technicians
- Flexibility to travel to other Inchora sites as required.
What would you get in return?
Inchora is an exciting and innovative business with over 200 staff and we like to ensure the team are rewarded for their hard work:
- Salary of £20,000 – £25,000 per annum – depending on experience
- 37.5 hours per week
- On call bonus for Saturdays (if required to work)
- 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day per completed year to a maximum of 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- You will have access to a great new healthcare product called Cignpost Health – a Nurse led membership service with access to 24/7 online GP support and discounted diagnostics.